Advertisement

Cartilage Piercing Still Sore

topic posted Sat, November 13, 2004 - 5:36 AM by  Aliera
Share/Save/Bookmark
I got my cartilage pierced on my left ear in August...and its STILL quite sore. If it gets bumped, pressed, rubbed or otherwise touched it still hurts quite a bit. I can't sleep on my left side normally either. I know that cartilage piercings can take a while to heal, but shouldn't it be less sore by now?

Any suggestions about how to make it better perhaps? My other two piercings were fine after about 2 weeks (labret and tongue). This pain is getting really old....
posted by:
Aliera
Denver
Advertisement
  • Re: Cartilage Piercing Still Sore

Sat, November 13, 2004 - 2:10 PM
    Aliera, I have 5 cartilage piercings. The first 3 took about 2 years to heal to the point where they didn't hurt if I slept on my side. The other two I just got in June. One of them is completely healed already and the other is having major problem. I get blood blisters and pus filled bumps just below it at least once or twice a month. I think it is variable as to how each person heals. Give it some more time and i'm sure it will be fine. It's only been 4 months and the typical healing time is a 6 months to a year so don't worry, the pain will go away. If you're tired of it you could always take the earring out and it will heal up quite quickly. I just love the way they look which is why I was willing to dealwith the slight pain for a while. Good luck!

Sat, November 13, 2004 - 5:52 PM
      i've got 8 cartilage holes and they all healed differently depending on where and what and what's in them

if you can get some dried lavender flowers boil 1 Tbls in 1 cup of water .... let it cool and keep it in something air tight .... soak a cotton ball in the infusion and use it to soak the piercing once a day .... if you can't find lavender .... basil leaves work almost as well .... it takes out some of the soreness and helps it heal ..... be sure to clean it with anti-bacterial or anti-microbial soap once a day and keep shampoo, sweat, hairspray and all that kinda crap off of it

otherwise, like i said, depends on where and what and all that

Tue, November 16, 2004 - 5:45 PM
    Try a hot salt water soak. Fill a coffee cup to just about 3/8" to 1/2" from the rim with hot water (like a relly warm bath, do not burn yourself) and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, stir well to disolve salt in water, soak ear for about 5 minutes every morning and evening. Heat promotes bloodflow witch in turn increases antibodies.

Recent topics in "THE PIERCED AND THEIR PIERCERS"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
any single here Unsubscribed 0 July 7, 2014
Making piercing jewelry "permanent" Unsubscribed 20 September 25, 2013
http://malebodymods.com Chaz 1 March 20, 2013
piercings Steve 3 April 18, 2012